Thursday, January 18, 2018

Week 2 Topic 1
As we all know, the Superbowl is approaching. This made me think about all the wacky ads that will come along with the great American sporting event. On a side note I am very depressed that the Patriots will almost certainly win again, perhaps the funny commercials will ease my pain. The annual Superbowl have time show is presented by Pepsi, so i decided to see what social media had to say about the huge soda company. @marketing_birds tweeted this picture of a new Pepsi semi truck ad, and i found it interesting.

The Value Proposition of this particular ad, is to show that the light version of Pepsi is so light, that is floats in the cargo trailer. @gadrian84 says "meh" when prompted by the tweet for a yes or a no on the advertisment. @tantriclens tweets in reply to the first comment: "Tend to agree". My personal opinion is a positive review of the add. I like Pepsi better than Coke so I may be a little biased. However, I think this is a clever play on words, and give the ad a thumbs up.
The company may get mixed reviews on this ad so we'll see if it was worth the money. If I were the Brand Manager I wouldn't even respond to the comments, I would be confident in my ad and let it speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment